“Prevention is better than cure.” -take precautions before it causes severe damage. Vehicles are machines, just like others it also needs maintenance. You can prevent major problems before it occurs, by following the car maintenance schedule. Besides these, regular maintenance can improve your car’s resale value. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), your vehicle needs regular tune-ups, checking on tires and batteries, and orderly oil change. Some parts of the car need weekly examination, but the other areas should receive a monthly inspection.
Most of the drivers don’t keep up with regular vehicle maintenance. In this busy world, it is too hard to maintain your car regularly, but it prevents you from greater damage and money loss. Normally at 7,500, 15,000, 45,000, 70,000 miles the minor services are performed while major services are performed at 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 miles. Although the major services are needed to protect the maintained scale, warranty, and to increase the resale value. Hence they are not carried out frequently.
Maintenance is not enough. We maintain our vehicles to avoid accidents, which also includes safe driving. Harsh driving or drunk driving will charge you under DUI(Driving Under Influence), which is an awful crime. In such cases, you have to consult a DUI lawyer in Phoenix. These kinds of events will charge you a lot. Try to avoid those things, and for a healthy working car, here are some car maintenance guides that will tell you what to do and why.
- Follow the appropriate interval of your car and change the fluid accordingly.
- The tires need to be looked up regularly to ensure rotation, balancing, air pressure, and alignment.
- The batteries will last for four to five years mainly. Check the power level of your battery and clean the terminals regularly.
- The engine will stop running if the fuel filter gets clogged. That’s why inspection of fluid, belts, and filters is necessary.
- Replace your air filter every 15,000miles to prevent clogging of the air filter.
- For proper visibility, check the headlights frequently.
- Check the windshield wiper often. In rainstorms windshield wipers are the one who gives you visibility, so keep an eye on it.
- Always be watchful about the breaks. Keep a note of your brake situation and how it sounds while you are driving.
- Don’t forget about the monthly servicing. It will keep your car in good working condition.
When you are concerned about regular maintenance, you should know about the different parts of the car and their conservation. Some of the parts need regular maintenance whereas others can wait for a week or month. Maintaining your vehicle will give you peace of mind while you are driving.
Performing daily car maintenance will prevent you from plenty of expensive repairs. The above number of steps should have been done as a part of your routine maintenance. Besides these regular tire checking and replacement of fluid and oil is also essential to prevent unnecessary problems down the road.